This blog is intended to showcase the widely overlooked weirdness in Baltimore. At one point in time a friend mentioned that he wanted to publish a book entitled the Psychedelic Tour of Baltimore, this site is inspired by and dedicated to Uncle Lead. I often post others photos out of admiration. If I have posted one of your photos against your liking, please let me know and I will remove it as soon as I can. If you don't mind me posting them let me know and thank you for your amazing photos.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hudson Bell - When the Sun is the Moon

A while back I had included a Hudson Bell song on This Week in Indie. I had been checking Record and Tape Traders for quite a while to get their old album. I finally broke down and had them order it for me. Incidentally, Hudson Bell is on a Baltimore label, Matador Records. Who would have thought it so hard to find inside the beltway. Anyway, this was well worth the wait.
Their newest album, When the sun is the Moon is a sonic assult on the senses. Imagine a Husker Du Built to Spill love child. The music is spacey and mellow, the vocals intoxicating, then throw on a heavy helping of distortion. This is what you would think Conor Oberst would sound like heavy if you have never heard Desaparecidos.
Hudson Bell - Slow Burn
Hudson Bell - Atlantis Nights

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: