This blog is intended to showcase the widely overlooked weirdness in Baltimore. At one point in time a friend mentioned that he wanted to publish a book entitled the Psychedelic Tour of Baltimore, this site is inspired by and dedicated to Uncle Lead. I often post others photos out of admiration. If I have posted one of your photos against your liking, please let me know and I will remove it as soon as I can. If you don't mind me posting them let me know and thank you for your amazing photos.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Virgin Fest Countdown Begins

I have been patiently sitting on my tickets for the Virgin Festival and I feel that now with a week to go, the posting should begin. My intent here is to post the bands in order of my excitement to see them until Friday which will be the "I wish I had time to post them all" post.
After many attempts to see them I am most excited to see The Flaming Lips. They have played a few times near us including the All Good Festival. With my purchase of Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, I was instantely hooked and worked my way back from there. The fact theat I saw The Who in high school makes these guys the main draw for me. The first song must be my favorite pre-Yoshimi song even though my first taste of the Lips was She Don't Use Jelly. The second is a tribute to one ogf my favorite bands in high school as well as one of my favorite bands of now. You have to love a cover that incorporates The Butthole Surfers and The White Stripes.
The Flaming Lips - Lightning Strikes The Postman

The Flaming Lips - Seven Nation Army

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: