This blog is intended to showcase the widely overlooked weirdness in Baltimore. At one point in time a friend mentioned that he wanted to publish a book entitled the Psychedelic Tour of Baltimore, this site is inspired by and dedicated to Uncle Lead. I often post others photos out of admiration. If I have posted one of your photos against your liking, please let me know and I will remove it as soon as I can. If you don't mind me posting them let me know and thank you for your amazing photos.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Tapes 'n Tapes to play at Fletcher's

I found ou today, in the City Paper, that Tapes 'n Tapes will be coming to Baltimore in June. They will be at Fletcher's Bar on Thursday June 8th. Opening for them will be Figurines & Cold War Kids. When Tapes 'n Tapes first caught my ear I was blown away. From the punchy Insistor to the mellow Omaha I can't find a track to skip on the whole album. I have been meaning to feature them here since I bought their disc, but have not. Upon checking the Fletcher's website tonight I found that another band I currently have heavy in rotation is opening. Cold War Kids. The lead singer has thatr borderline screech that I am kind of into right now and the sound has a retro minimalist sound that lends a sense of purity to a song. Lastly I checked out Figurines tonight for the first time, but was pleased, but more about them at a later post when I am more familiar with them.
Tapes 'n Tapes - Insistor
Tapes ' Tapes - Omaha
Cold War Kids - Hospital
Beds

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: